Volunteer at the Fabulous Fox, St. Louis
The Fabulous Fox Theatre has enjoyed the Fox ushers for over 30 years. Our volunteer ushers are honored to be a part of the exceptional performances as well as the historical, awe-inspiring Fox Theatre. The Fox Theatre ushers provide the care and guest service experience that is second-to-none in the Midwest.
Become a Fox Theatre Volunteer Usher!
The first step to becoming a volunteer usher is to fill out the following application.
When the next interview/training session is offered, many applicants will receive an e-mail from the Fabulous Fox with details.
After your interview, applicants must wait for the invitation to join the usher team and your assigned initial performance.
- Be 18 years or older
- Have a valid email and mailing address
- Have good communication and interpersonal skills
- Commit to volunteer for one year
- Wear the assigned professional usher uniform.
- Be able to attend a minimum of 60% of all assigned performances of a variety of shows which includes Broadway musicals & plays, concerts, children’s productions, movies, etc. Those ushers unable to attend the minimum requirement of performances are released from the usher program.
- Understand and meet the physical requirements that include climbing stairs, assisting patrons to seating areas, standing for long periods of time and handing out Playbills. Volunteers work in all areas of the Fox Theatre including the main lobby, auditorium, event rooms, balcony and areas with dimly lit lighting, therefore strong eyesight is a must.
Fox Theatre volunteer ushers are expected to exhibit professional work habits including but not limited to being on time, following Fox Theatre policies, arriving prepared for shifts, being responsive and following through on supervisor requests. Volunteers are expected to be flexible and responsive to changes in the scope of their duties. Volunteers should exhibit a positive attitude in relation with patrons, fellow volunteers and staff.
Interested ushers are to note that regular attendance on your particular shift is required. Ushers are required to attend a minimum of 60% of all assigned performances. Absences are expected from time to time and ‘Leave of Absences’ are granted on an individual basis for medical reasons or extenuating circumstances.
Because of the volume of applications, all applicants may not be contacted. If you do not receive notification of your acceptance within six months and would still like to become an usher, please fill out and mail or fax in a new application.