DEPARTMENT: Food and Beverage
REPORTS TO: Events Coordinator
EMPLOYEE STATUS: Full Time Hourly
The purpose of the position of Events Assistant is to oversee events, handle and delegate set‐up and breakdown of function rooms and take care of the guests in a timely, courteous, efficient and customized manner. All functions are carried out to maintain an environment of teamwork. The Events Assistant works under the direction of the Events Coordinator and the Vice President of Food and Beverage.
On Event Days:
• Oversee and supervise events and banquet functions to ensure they run smoothly and efficiently.
• Hold pre‐shift meeting reviewing Event Orders and reviewing a selected service standard.
• Perform and oversee set‐up and breakdown of all function rooms
• Act as the contact person for the Guest day of
• Coordinate customer experience with the kitchen through the Executive Chef or Executive Sous Chef.
• Ensure that assigned employees have reported to work and report on any absent or tardy employees
• Communicate with support crew and management.
• Maintain complete knowledge of service requirements for assigned functions
• Organize all assigned functions and complete preparation work in accordance with departmental standards
• Instruct designated employees to rectify any cleanliness/organization deficiencies
• Communicate additions or changes to the event or function as they arise throughout the day
• Coordinate breaks for assigned employees
• Assign stations and side work to Servers in accordance with departmental procedures
• Supervise Backstage Catering
On Non-Event Days
• Check storage areas for proper supplies, organization and cleanliness
• Complete requisition for additional supplies needed and submit to Events Coordinator
• Inspect the scheduled function area/room for cleanliness, working condition and proper furniture/equipment set up. Rectify any deficiencies with respective departments
• Identify situations which compromise the department’s standards
• Enhance knowledge of food and wine
• Assist with tours and meetings as needed both on-site and off-site, including walk throughs, wedding shows, conferences, etc.
• Assist with Event Order creation as needed
• Attend food and beverage leadership meetings
• Attend tastings for clients with Events Coordinator as needed to ensure in depth knowledge of events
• Assist with backstage catering or events shopping as needed
• Maintain set up of all function rooms to be show ready for non-event days
• Maintain Organization and Inventory List of all Events Spaces
• Ensure compliance with all departmental and company policies and procedures
• Must emulate The Fox Theatre’s SHOWTIME culture
• Assist Events Coordinator as needed
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand
• The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10‐25 pounds and frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, and the ability to adjust focus.
• Must be willing to work week-end, holidays when necessary and work long hours on event days
Skills and Specifications
The Events Assistant must be sociable and a people's person and must love interacting with people. They should have a cheerful and pleasing disposition, along with being approachable and having a pleasant personality. They need excellent interpersonal skills to be able to work as a mediator between other departments, management and their clients. They must be detail-oriented and very organized; to manage the many details of sometimes multiple events. Verbal communication skills are important because the Event Assistant must be able to interact with a variety of people ranging from vendors to company management to guests. They must be able to work under pressure and be willing to work with tight deadlines. The Event Assistant must also be flexible and capable of multi-tasking since many of the actions required to manage an event must be arranged concurrently. The Event Assistant must have good leadership and organization skills, must be able to train and motivate their crew and have good communication skills. They must have extensive knowledge about the food and beverage so that they are able to help clients decide on menu selections.
We are a drug-free workplace; a pre-employment drug test is required. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), parental status, national origin, age, disability, family medical history or genetic information, political affiliation, military service, or other non-merit based factors.
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE!