Volunteer at the Fabulous Fox, St. Louis
The Fabulous Fox Theatre has enjoyed the Fox ushers for over 30 years. Our volunteer ushers are honored to be a part of the exceptional performances as well as the historical, awe-inspiring Fabulous Fox Theatre. The Fox Theatre ushers provide the care and guest service experience that is second-to-none in the Midwest.
Become a Fox Theatre Volunteer Usher!
The Fabulous Fox is accepting applications for volunteer ushers for the following days/times:
The first step to becoming a volunteer usher is to fill out the following application.
When the next interview/training session is offered, many applicants will receive an e-mail from the Fabulous Fox with details.
After your interview, applicants must wait for the invitation to join the usher team and your assigned initial performance.
- Be 18 years or older
- Have a valid email and mailing address
- Have good communication and interpersonal skills
- Commit to volunteer for one year
- Wear the assigned professional usher uniform.
- Be able to attend a minimum of 60% of all assigned performances of a variety of shows which includes Broadway musicals & plays, concerts, children’s productions, movies, etc. Those ushers unable to attend the minimum requirement of performances are released from the usher program.
- Understand and meet the physical requirements that include climbing stairs, assisting patrons to seating areas, standing for long periods of time and handing out Playbills. Volunteers work in all areas of the Fox Theatre including the main lobby, auditorium, event rooms, balcony and areas with dimly lit lighting, therefore strong eyesight is a must.