Head Usher Part Time
Fox Theatre is currently accepting applications for a Head Usher. Duties include:
- Checks attendance of crew of volunteer ushers, impresses dress code, insures that their crew is performing to standards, and; acts as first point of contact for ushers in order to resolve problems or answer questions.
- Oversees stuffing Playbills with cast changes and announcements; distributes them to all levels of the Fox Theatre.
- Communicates with other head ushers and house managers to “fill” usher crew areas that need coverage by the time the house opens.
- Reports any additional details to the House Manager for each performance including, but not limited to; incidents, maintenance concerns, and customer, staff or usher complaints.
- At performance end, Head Ushers assist in picking up child seats in their designated areas and delivering them to Guest Services.
- Stands/walks (including climbing stairways) for long periods of time between floors
Flexible schedule, including nights and weekends during performances at the Fox Theatre.
A professional, clean appearance and well-spoken.
We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, reproductive health decisions, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, genetic information, political views or activity, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We’re committed to hiring and supporting those with disabilities through an inclusive work environment and accommodations for visible and non-apparent disabilities. Reasonable accommodations can be made under the Americans with Disabilities Act.