Line Cook/Prep Cook
The Fabulous Fox Theatre is looking for Line/Prep Cooks to assist with shows and special events throughout the year.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Prepares, seasons, and cooks soups, meats, vegetables, desserts, and other foods.
- Adjusts thermostat controls to regulate temperature of ovens, broilers, grills, roasters, and steam kettles.
- Measures and mixes ingredients according to recipe to prepare soups, flatbreads, desserts, sauces, and casseroles.
- Bakes, roasts, broils, and steams meats, fish, vegetables, and other foods.
- Adds seasoning to foods during mixing or cooking.
- Observes and tests foods being cooked by tasting, smelling, and piercing with fork to determine that it is cooked.
- Carves meats, portions food on serving plates, adds gravies and sauces, and garnishes servings to fill orders.
- Washes, peels, cuts, and shreds vegetables and fruits to prepare them for use.
- Butchers chickens, fish, and shellfish
- Cuts, trims, and bones meat prior to cooking.
- Bakes bread, rolls, cakes, and pastry.
- Other duties as assigned by management
- Must have at least two (2) years of prep/line cook experience.
- Effectively communicate with coworkers and managers. Articulates well with associates
- Team work; contributes to building a positive team environment
- Flexible schedule, including nights and weekends, is consistently at work and on time.
- Manages difficult or emotional customer situations; Responds promptly to customer needs
- Reacts well under pressure; Accepts responsibility for own actions; follows through on commitments
- Maintains a positive attitude and does not make negative comments or gestures
- Observes safety and security procedures; Determines appropriate action beyond guidelines
- Reports potentially unsafe conditions
- Ability to lift and carry up to 50 pounds
- Able to work while standing for 4 to 8 hours, with accommodation if necessary
- Uses equipment and materials properly and protects the assets of the Fox Theatre
We are a drug-free workplace; a pre-employment drug test is required. We do not discriminate on the bases of race, religion, color, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), parental status, national origin, age, disability, family medical history or genetic information, political affiliation, military service, or other non-merit based factors.
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE!
Job Type: Part-time
Work authorization: United States (Required)